Personality disorder is a term for several behavior patterns that make it consistently difficult for people to get along with others, regardless of the circumstances.
* do not follow rules
* show no regard for the feeling of others
* can be aggressive and violent
* are risk for alcohol and drug abuse
* are often in trouble with the law
* are fearful of rejection
* avoid relationships outside the family
* may choose inappropriate friendships from a fear of being alone
* sometimes cut or burn themselves on purpose
* are more likely to threaten to kill themselves than people who suffer from other personality disorder
* may have an extreme fear of being alone
* have difficulty making or refuse to make decisions
* imagine unrealistic personal success
* have difficulty taking about anyone but themselves
* are manipulative in relationship
* are unforgiving
* have explosive tempers
* are preoccupied with their own thoughts
* are fearful of close relationships
* are socially anxious
* may talk to themselves
However, this is quite common behavior in teenagers. Personality disorders are most accurately diagnosed in people older that 21.
Seek help from a qualified counselor and stick with a treatment plan.
- Eat a healthy diet
- Get plenty of sleep
- Practice yoga, meditation and relaxation techniques
- Avoid stimulants, alcohol and illicit drugs.